Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review: Honey'do shampoo and conditioner

I used to always love those bear shaped honey bottles when I was little, but much to my disappointment, I could never find any when I went to the supermarket with my mum. So you can imagine how excited I was when I came across this super cute set of A Beautiful Life Honey'do shampoo and conditioner. Childhood wish fulfilled.
Described as "a gentle yet thorough all natural shampoo made with organic honey that delivers amazing bounce and shine", and are free of parabens and sulfates.

A Beautiful Life, Honey'do shampoo, Honey'do conditioner, review
























They smell like honey and barley sugar lollies to me, which I really love but might be a bit too sweet for some. I love the consistency of the shampoo - it's almost like a gel and it keeps its shape when you squeeze some onto your hand. Random, but I enjoy it.

The conditioner can be pretty hard to get out of the bottle. It's very thick and the bottle doesn't squeeze easily, so I had to scoop some out with a finger until I could thin it down with some water.

They would probably be best for some one with normal-dry hair because the shampoo doesn't strip your hair and the conditioner is nice and rich. My hair's more on the oily side, so I find these a bit lacking in the cleaning department. After about 1 1/2 days my hair starts to look a bit greasy and by the end of the second day it looks pretty gross (to be fair though, I get that with most shampoos). Having said that though, they do leave my hair feeling really soft and faintly smelling of honey, so I'll definitely use the rest of them up.

Once I finished with them I'll need to find something to do with the bottles - they're just way too cute to throw away!

A Beautiful Life Honey'do Shampoos and Conditioners are available at Mecca Cosmetica and are $20 each.

-

So that was my first ever review! Are there any other types of information that you'd like to see in my reviews, or any that you thought I could do without? Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment