Saturday 12 January 2013

New York Wishlist

In preparation for a trip to New York in February (oh my God, I'm excited!), I decided to impose a spending ban on myself that started on Christmas. I caved. Within two days. I've been pretty good since, only splurging on cocktails with some old friends and a haircut to repair the damage that an apprentice hairdresser inflicted.

Anyway, the lack of shopping has sent me into a list making frenzy. I have spent hours pouring over makeupalley.com reviews and makeup blogs, compiling a list as long as my arm (I think I've been on holidays too long...) of makeup that I would like to get in New York. I thought I'd share with you some of things that I'm particularly yearning for.




1. My old MAC Select foundation is nearly out and I get so much skin-envy for models with glowy, dewey complexions that I think it's about time I tried NARS Sheer Glow. I'd also really like to try out Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, but I'm worried that they won't have a shade to match my pallor.

2. This is my all time favourite mascara and I need to stock up. As with all make up it's nearly twice the price in Australia. I managed to find some at Chemist Warehouse for about $40 once. Anyway, Diorshow Black Out makes my eyelashes so thick and long and beautiful it's ridiculous. I much prefer it to the original Diorshow, which became really flakey after a few weeks (I was horrified one afternoon when I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyelashes had snowed black particles of mascara all down my cheeks).

3. I'm a bit of a newby when it comes to blush, but this stuff's revered, so how could I go wrong? I'm fairly confident that Deep Throat will suit my skin tone (extremely pale with neutral undertones). What are your favourite blushes for pale skin?

4. The only new year's resolution I have made this year is to wear more lip stains. I am completely head over heels in love with them. Something about their not-quite-lipstick sheerness and gorgeous berry colours makes them so easy to wear. This Chubby Stick is at the top of my lip stain list, because wow, that's a nice colour.

5. Don't you just hate it when you come home from work or university to find that all your foundation has disappeared from your face, except for where it's clung to your dry patches? I've never used a finishing powder or a primer before and it's something that I'd really like to try out.

So there's a tiny part of my ever-expanding makeup wishlist. What do you think of these products? What are your favourite blushes for pale skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment